Throughout our strategic plan and mission, we understand that the key to our Association is our members. As such, the Memphis Area Association of REALTORS®is committed to celebrating diversity in all facets of the association and in everything we do.
Our membership includes individuals and companies from every walk of life and background. Furthermore, as REALTORS®, our members are sworn to treat all clients, members of the public, and each other equally irrespective of race, religion, sex, disability, familial status, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
- Increasing participation and outreach to our minority membership.
- Encouraging all qualified members to pursue association leadership and committee involvement.
- Integrating and partnering with key local and national diversity groups into the daily mission and long-term strategic plan of the association.
- Celebrating and promoting awareness for the diversity of our professional REALTORS® within our community and the work they do in our neighborhoods.
- Positively impact and lead culture-building conversations across Tennessee related to diversity through education and exposure.
As part of this commitment, the Association maintains the Diversity & Inclusion Committee, the purpose of which is to identify the real estate concerns and needs of all members and homebuyers and to assist in the development of actions to address those concerns and needs.
Through celebrating what makes us different, we strengthen the bonds of what brings us together. The Association will continue to show its commitment to these principles.
National Association of REALTORS®
Diversity and Inclusion Commitment Statement
The National Association of REALTORS® represents more than 1.4 million REALTORS® in diverse communities across the country. NAR staff fosters a culture where diversity and inclusion are integrated into each of our five core values.
Through inclusive collaboration and mutual respect for our colleagues, we focus on the principles that matter to the organization and drive how we engage each other to reach our common goals. We fully embrace perspectives from all walks of life—regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, national origin, socioeconomic status, political affiliation or any other qualities by which we may define ourselves.
We commit to bringing out the best in ourselves, uncovering hidden talents, and celebrating differences in our day-to-day interactions. These beliefs are essential as we serve our members who help fulfill the dream of home and property ownership in America.