About the Education Foundation
Established in 1985, the MAAR Education Foundation is a nonprofit organization that promotes research, encourages study and provides resources to affect the business practices of those in the real estate profession.
Governed by a 14-member Board of Trustees elected by the MAAR Board of Directors, the Foundation helps provide consistent education resources regardless of MAAR's membership trends and general real estate market conditions. Since its inception, the Foundation strives:
- To encourage and promote research and studies in the field of real estate and allied areas; the expansion and broadening of courses in the field of real estate or allied fields; and the improvement of communication and exchange of information regarding the real estate industry.
- To encourage and promote advanced courses in the field of real estate or allied fields.
- To provide scholarship awards of financial assistance to qualified students specializing in the field of real estate or allied subjects at the university level.
- To promote suitable standards of education in all phases of the field of real estate.
- To encourage and conduct educational programs and seminars for the purpose of advancing the profession of real estate for those already engaged in the real estate profession.
The Education Foundation remains committed to providing first-rate professional development opportunities to MAAR members. For more information about the MAAR Education Foundation, contact O'Hara Keszler, 901.818.2421.
Apply to Become a Trustee
The MAAR Education Foundation Nominating Committee is accepting trustee applications for the 2021-2023 term. Please take a moment to consider any individuals you might like to recommend, yourself included.
If you would like to serve, please complete the application and return it to O'Hara Keszler. The deadline to apply is Friday, Oct. 16.
Apply to Become Trustee of Counsel
The Education Foundation has an opening for Trustee of Counsel for the 2021-2023 term. The Trustee of Counsel shall be available to provide advice and counsel to the officers and/or members of the Board and shall not have a vote on any matter before the Board.
The Foundation is looking for an individual with any of the following:
- Service on any education committee within or outside of MAAR
- Financial experience
- Any other business experience pertinent to the position
Extra consideration will be given to any individual with previous Education Foundation experience and/or Leadership MAAR alumni.
Any interested parties should submit a letter of interest with supporting documents that highlights for the Nominating Committee what makes them the best candidate for the position. The letter must be submitted to O'Hara Keszler no later than Friday, Oct. 16.