The Multiple Listing Service sales report showed pending sales at 1,433 as of March 8, up 15.4 percent from mid-January. Active listings stood at 1,914, up 1.7 percent from the previous report. The numbers for January were pulled later than usual because of technical difficulties.
- Average sales price for January was $274,083 up 10.9 percent from a year ago.
- Median sales price for January was $237,250, up 10.3 percent from a year ago.
- The average market time in January was 33 days, same as a month earlier.
- There were 600 sales of units that were on the market 30 days or less.
- At the upper end of the market, there were 97 sales of $500,000 or more, down 47 percent from a month earlier.
Prepared for maar.org by Don Wade, 901.485.1653.