The Multiple Listing Service sales report showed pending sales at 1,269 as of Aug. 16, down 3.3 percent from mid-July. Active listings stood at 4,293, down 2.1 percent from a month earlier.
Other numbers of note:
- Average sales price for July was $236,002, up 6.1 percent from a year ago.
- Median sales price for July was $200,000, up 7.5 percent from a year ago.
- The average market time in July was 44 days, up 2.3percent from a month earlier.
- There were 805 sales of units that were on the market 30 days or less.
- At the upper end of the market, there were 93 sales of $500,000 or more, down 14.7 percent from a month earlier.
Prepared for maar.org by Don Wade, 901.485.1653.