The Multiple Listing Service sales report showed pending sales at 1,017 as of Jan. 16, down 11.3 percent from mid-December. Active listings stood at 3,630, down 10.4 percent from a month earlier.
Other numbers of note:
- Average sales price for December was $201,631, up 0.4 percent from a year ago.
- Median sales price for December was $165,000, the same as a year ago.
- The average market time in December was 58 days, up 11.5 percent from a month earlier.
- There were 472 sales of units that were on the market 30 days or less.
- At the upper end of the market, there were 49 sales of $500,000 or more, down 9.3 percent from a month earlier.
- For the year there were 15,002 total sales, down 0.8 percent from 2017.
- Average price YTD was $208,227, up 6.4 percent from 2017.
Prepared for maar.org by Don Wade, 901.485.1653.