6393 Poplar Ave
Memphis, TN 38119
April is Fair Housing Month. To celebrate, MAAR is holding a Fair Housing forum featuring:
- Diversity Inclusion: Beyond the Fair Housing Act, taught by Sher Powers, Tennessee REALTORS® Division 2 Vice President
- This is a fast-paced conversation that expands the concept of diversity and inclusion beyond the Fair Housing Act. Learn about diversity fatigue and how labels can diminish relationships and opportunities to connect. Identify and customize simple, repeatable action steps that will provide results. Inspire continued conversation and start building trust and equitability within your sphere: community, clients, firm, peers and association volunteers.
- A Fair Housing Proclamation signed in person by Mayor Jim Strickland
- A Fair Housing Panel
- Amy Schaftlein, Executive Director, United Housing, Inc.
- Leslie Smith, Advocacy & Engagement Program Manager, BLDG Memphis
- Roshun Austin, President/CEO, The Works
- Gerre Currie, Councilwoman, City of Memphis, District 6
The forum will also include light breakfast and resource tables throughout the Ed Center, including United Housing, BLDG Memphis, The Works, Operation Hope, Frayser CDC, NAREB Memphis, et al. Members are encouraged to visit these resource tables before and after the event.
Admission is free to all members, but we ask that you register.